Paramedic Accreditation - Online applications NOT available for Initial Accreditation
Mountain-Valley EMS Agency does NOT accept mailed in applicationsApplications submitted during the last seven (7) calendar days of the month may be delayed due to Agency workflow.
Local accreditation for paramedics includes initial accreditation to practice as a paramedic in the Mountain-Valley counties of Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa and Stanislaus. Accreditation shall be granted upon successful completion of the following:
- Complete a
Paramedic Accreditation Application
- Attend the Mountain-Valley EMS Agency regional orientation (offered monthly) by registering online - go to Training & CE - scroll to upcoming events.
- Pass the Agency written protocol examination with a passing score of 80%.(exam will be taken immediatly after orientation).
- Copy of a valid California Paramedic License (front and back, signed)
- Copy of photo ID.
- Digital photo taken on site by Agency staff
- Payment of the accreditation fee - $100.00 by cash, check, money order, cashier's check, PayPal, debit or credit card. (Payment of fee starts a 30-day timelimit to complete the required 5 call as applicable). All fees are non-refundable.
- Complete a five (5) ALS call evaluation.
- Complete and submit documentation of orientation of the local EMS system.
- Submit the 4 MCI Filed Operatons Module CE Certificates (http://www.mvemsa.org), in compliance with Agency policy # 853.00 - Prehospital Training Standards. These need to be done every 2 (two) years.
- Provide proof of employment with a designated ALS provider agency within Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa or Stanislaus County.
Accreditation will be granted and the issue date will be the date that you have successfully completed all of the conditions listed above. The accreditation expiration date will be the same date that your state paramedic license expires.
An individual who is currently licensed as a paramedic or certified as an Advanced EMT in California is considered to be a certified EMT (except when the paramedic license or Advanced EMT certificate is under suspension) without any additional testing.
Continuous Accreditation - Appointment Recommended or Online
Walk-ins will be accommodated as availability allows
Mountain-Valley EMS Agency does NOT accept applications via Fax or Mail
BEFORE APPLYING ON-LINE OR IN PERSON, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL REQUIREMENTS!! APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNLESS ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE MET! (see on-line instructions also)
To maintain accreditation the paramedic must complete and submit, every two years or prior to their accreditation expiration date an application to include:
- Complete a pdf Paramedic Accreditation Application (249 KB) (hard copy), OR by submitting online application below
- A copy of a valid newly issued Paramedic license from the State of California, (front and back, signed).
- Copy of photo ID.
- Digital photo taken on site by Agency staff, or provide a current passport style photo (passport photo or clear headshot/selfie with plain background), if appling online.
- Successfully complete any requirements imposed by the Agency Medical Director for an Agency approved Expanded Scope of Practice Class, and Policy Update Class.
- Meet any requirements of the System-wide CQI program.
Submit the 4 MCI Field Operations Module CE Certificates, (http://www.mvemsa.org), not dated earlier than 90 days prior to continuous accreditation, in compliance with Agency policy # 853.00 - Prehospital Training Standards. These need to be done every 2 (two) years.
For Online Applications:
- Please allow 5-7 business days for application processing and issuance of an Paramedic Accreditation card once all requirements have been met. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Please make sure you have all required documents, including the passport style photo, saved and available for uploading PRIOR to starting the application process.
- You will need to submit:
- All items listed above for Continuous Accreditation
- A current passport style photo (actual passport photo or a headshot/selfie against a blank wall).
- Pay all fees, if applicable.
- Applications will not be processed until all required documents have been submitted and approved. Incomplete applications will be maintained for up to 7 days to allow for submission of additional required documents. All incomplete applications will be considered abandoned after 7 days.
- ALL FEES PAID ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Incomplete applications or applications that expire during processing shall be subject to a $100.00 Accreditation Fee. For online applications, if paying by credit or debit via PayPal, there will be a $5.00 processing fee.
An accredited paramedic must notify the Agency, within five (5) days, of any change in address, telephone or e-mail contact information.
If any of the above requirements are not met or maintained, accreditation to practice shall be withdrawn until successful completion of the requirement(s).
A Paramedic whose accreditation has been withdrawn or lapsed for more than one year shall be required to re-apply for initial accreditation.