Effective Immediately!! Applications submitted during the last seven (7) calendar days of the month may be delayed due to Agency workflow. Applications will be processed as soon as workflow allows.
Local accreditation for paramedics includes initial accreditation to practice as a paramedic in the Mountain-Valley counties of Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa and Stanislaus. Accreditation shall be granted upon successful completion of the following:
- Complete a
Paramedic Accreditation Application
- Copy of a valid California Paramedic License.
- Copy of photo ID.
- Digital photo taken on site by Agency staff
- Payment of the accreditation fee - $100.00 by cash, check, money order, cashier's check, PayPal, debit or credit card. (Payment of fee starts a 30-day timelimit to complete the required 5 call as applicable)
- Attend the Mountain-Valley EMS Agency regional orientation (offered monthly), scheduled by calling the Agency during business hours.
- Pass the Agency written protocol examination with a passing score of 80%.
- Complete a five (5) ALS call field evaluation.
- Complete and submit documentation of orientation of the local EMS system.
- Provide a copy of your MCI Field Operatons course CE Certificate (http://www.mvemsa.org), in compliance with Agency policy # 853.00
- Provide proof of employment with a designated ALS provider agency within Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa or Stanislaus County.
Accreditation will be granted and the issue date will be the date that you have successfully completed all of the conditions listed above. The accreditation expiration date will be the same date that your state paramedic license expires.
An individual who is currently licensed as a paramedic or certified as an Advanced EMT in California is considered to be a certified EMT (except when the paramedic license or Advanced EMT certificate is under suspension) without any additional testing.
To maintain accreditation the paramedic must complete and submit, every two years or prior to their accreditation expiration date an application to include:
- Complete a pdf Paramedic Accreditation Application (142 KB)
- A copy of a valid newly issued Paramedic license from the State of California.
- Copy of photo ID.
- Digital photo taken on site by Agency staff.
- Successfully complete any requirements imposed by the Agency Medical Director for an Agency approved Expanded Scope of Practice Class, and Policy Update Class.
- Meet any requirements of the System-wide CQI program.
Copy of your MCI Field Operations course CE Certificate (http://www.mvemsa.org) not dated earlier than 90 days prior to re-cert, in compliance with Agency policy # 853.00
An accredited paramedic must notify the Agency, within five (5) days, of any change in address, telephone or e-mail contact information.
If any of the above requirements are not met or maintained, accreditation to practice shall be withdrawn until successful completion of the requirement(s).
A Paramedic whose accreditation has been withdrawn or lapsed for more than one year shall be required to re-apply for initial accreditation.